Monday, June 6, 2011

Timescape

I just loved Timescape. There is a dearth of good science fiction, what bookshelf volumes say notwithstanding (who had this bright idea of cataloging science fiction and fantasy together anyway?) and it's been quite a long time since I had read good sci-fi. Timescape was a welcome break. The science is plausible, there is no mumbo-jumbo whose allure is hard to ignore even to the greats. But the thing that sets Timescape apart is that it would qualify as a good novel in its own right too. Character development is good, and realistic. The narrative keeps you glued. And it leaves deep traces, especially the part towards the end, which reminded me of story of sissyphus. A very good read. And if you actually give a damn about a science fiction, you cannot miss this one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice nice...write some more abt the book..like..the concept maybe?
bt..now its in my TODO list :)

Mohsin said...

next post me :)

Unknown said...

And now..I have read it :)