Sunday, April 19, 2009

A nice little walk

Place: MIT Tekadi. Originally we had planned to go to Talzai near Parvati, but it can get very crowded in the evening, so dropped that plan in favor of this. We were to meet at 5 near Durga. 4:30: Amit's call wakes me, I dress up and start looking for my keys, but in vain. I call people and tell I'll be a little late, don't wait for me for snacks. Luckily some philotic (if you've read O S Card) connection had already told them that I was going to be late, so they had already started with the snacks. I love those philotic connections :p. Back at home, search, search, search. In vain, again. Usual place, unusual places, crazy places, no keys. I remember people are still waiting for me, I call Amit and ask him to pick me up. Thanks Amit.

MIT Tekadi is quite close to my place. I'd been there once before. IIRC it was a Sunday, the job life had recently begun, and that particular morning me and a roomie found ourselves awake at 7:15 AM. Natuarally, nobody else was awake. So we went and sat on the Tekadi. That was good. The Tekadi is just as beautiful in the evening. We were five people in all this time. Our first stop was this tall tower that I had completely missed the last time. Not in the best of conditions, but the view from the top is Awesome. There is also this huge quarry nearby. Beautiful, but even more so in rains when it's full of water (or so people tell me). We sat by it's side and discussed Heroes and stuff. The place is wide open and you can't resist checking if you get echo. So I shouted "Hello" (could not resist shouting "World" after that ;-). That was fun. And yes, you really get echo. Also worth mentioning is the view of the highway at dusk. Wonderful. It was almost dark by then, so we decided to return. Recharged.

4 comments:

vinaya said...

Nice it was! Someday we should take a tent there.

Does it strike you sometimes while discussing Heroes or TBBT, that we are no different from the old women who let the saas bahu serials be such a big part of their lives?

Mohsin said...

I thought you took a tent with you for today's trek ;)
and yes, we are the same but with one crucial difference, sans-bahu is crap, Heroes/TBBT is not.. :p
and may I add, bwa ha ha..

Charuta said...

Do visit the quarry in the rains, n it will be more special, if u go someone special :)

Mohsin said...

So June. This is April. Which means I have 1.5 months.. aggressive deadline.. :p
[OK, I admit, any deadline aggressive for me ;)]